Sunday 4 April 2010

The Weakends

...Motion City Soundtrack.

Monday is my 21st Birthday. EEK. And last weekend was the masquerade party outing to snobs, surprisingly everyone made a great effort with their masks, looked great :)

Having celebrations early along with now being home for Easter also meant lots of early treats from my friends, including a beautifullll powder blue Jones sewing machine with white flowers on the cover from Beckie and Sherree (will post a picture when I get back), a floral Cath Kidston teapot from Adam, which is sooo pretty I love it :), knitting needles and lovely soft wool to get me started with my knitting from Jaime & Alex, plus various yummee chocolate cakes and this v. special chocolate-brownie-tart



Oh and I also made Ajay a Moomin/ butterfly birthday cake. Moonin is a bit of a podgey Moonin.



And now after a hectic journey - lots of running for buses and struggling with huge heavy cases - I'm back in Blackpool for the week. Before leaving B'ham I had Hannah to visit so used this as an excuse to visit all the art/crafty shops that are about, along with my first full visit around the museum and art gallery, which is seriously huggge. Today we popped into the latest exhibitions at the Ikon, and were rather disappointed, definitely not what either of us are able to define as 'art'.

Going to try and get tucked into my teeny bed now for the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment