I have been terrible with my posting since not having the internet. But since it's Christmas and I'm feeling pretty festive with crackers floating around the office, I thought I'd share what I've been keeping myself busy with.
I present to you, Alex's Homemade Christmas: Part One.
Last weekend Adam and I had a lazy festive weekend picking out his Christmas tree, building a mini igloo from icing (which i forgot to take a picture of), and making wreaths. Which, if I do say so myself, are pretty darn great.
If you're not interested in how we made them, stop reading now, but I thought I might as well share for anyone who is.
You will need:
- A bag of moss
- Some form of meshy wire
- Sturdy wire
- Leaves/ branches/ berries/ twigs
2. Stuff it with moss.
3. Make a few loops with the sturdy wire and attach to the back so it holds its shape.
4. Stuff the front with your leaves and things. Can do it full all the way round in the same direction like the top one, or more rustic by using bigger branches to curve round, leaving bits of the moss on show.
5. When its full, use string or wire to fix any of the loose bits.
6. Add ribbon and berries for decoration.