Monday 14 December 2009

No time to sleep...

...Tina Dico.

I have just about finished my TV essay on how Scrubs plays with the conventions of the medical drama.
Feels like I've been hacking away at it forever. 3500 words is never enough, I haven't even started! And so it is free from deep and interesting arguments because there's just never enough room. But it is done, and whats done is done.
3pm tomorrow will be the last hand-in of full written pieces now until the dissertation. The only education left is the odd lecture and tutorials. It hasn't even dawned on me that I won't ever be in another class. 16 years of being in education and going to lessons... and I have sat my last.
I can't quite imagine how I'm going to structure my days for the next 6 months, but I do know this. There will be more photos and there WILL be more art. Starting tomorrow. I can't wait.

And for now I'm going to sleep. Or attempt to. I'm hoping that with the amount of drugs I've taken today I'll pass out as my head hits the pillow, and not be kept awake all night again feeling all sniffly and ill.
And maybe I'll dream another weird dream. Maybe I'll stay in bed for hours in the morning because I'm dreaming that I've actually already got up. And then maybe I'll be late.
Maybe there's something not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment