Saturday 1 August 2009

Elevator Love Letter.

...Stars.

Hello again Blackpool. Hello internet.
Have spent the past 2 weeks dotted about the UK. First stop was Birmingham, then down to Beckie's dads by Portsmouth, before setting off for Camp Bestival in Dorset to work on litter and recycling. Overall not the best nor most glamorous times of my life, but I would say it was probably a result of bad karma coming from the amount of times I've avoided emptying the bins in our house over the past year. I have defiantly now made up for this. And then some. Bin juice, poor wages and cold showers aside, the festival was actually beautiful. Flowers, pretty flags, cushioned mattresses outside the bar tents, and plenty of sparkle. Not to be confused with Bestival, Camp Bestival is aimed at families, so the musical line up was a little thin on acts of interest to me. I did however manage to squeeze in Florence, Frank Turner, Laura Marling, the unnecessarily outrageous Frankie Boyle and the marvelous Marina & the Diamonds.
From beginning the festival with the idea of 'who on earth would want to bring their kids to a festival!?', I left with why on earth wouldn't you take kids there, so many activities I would have gotten involved with if it wasn't for knowing I would receive far too many scowley looks for being too old.




Returned home to find Lula laid out across my bed waiting for me. Finally. Will post my favourite spreads when I've had a proper study.

No comments:

Post a Comment